[chuck-users] miniAudicle problems

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Nov 27 02:27:15 EST 2006

Atte, Imre,

Argh, I am terribly sorry that you guys have been afflicted with
these problems.

Here is my line of thought.  Since miniAudicle is using the exact
same chuck source as command line chuck, the problem is probably not
with the source.  Maybe its a problem with the linked libraries.  The
only difference between chuck's libraries and miniAudicle's libraries
is the `wx-config --libs stc,adv,core,base` part.

So a next step would be to append `wx-config --libs
stc,adv,core,base` to the LIBS line of makefile.oss/makefile.alsa in
chuck, and see if that messes up chuck like miniAudicle.

If it does mess chuck up, the next step is to figure out what part of
`wx-config --libs stc,adv,core,base` is causing the problem.   Just
executing wx-config --libs stc,adv,core,base should print out
whatever linker directives wxWidgets is having us invoke.  Taking
each one individually, appending it to the LIBS line of the
appropriate chuck makefile, and testing the resulting chuck binary
should eventually lead to the problematic linker directive.

Anyways, if you haven't completely given up on this, those are some
more ideas to try.

thanks,
spencer