[chuck-users] mac intel audio i/o problem

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Oct 3 12:25:19 EDT 2006

Hi Greg,
I've combed through some of Apple's developer mailing lists, and from
what I can tell, this error suggest that either chuck is unexpectedly
running in PPC mode, or chuck is running in i386 mode (as expected)
but AppleHDAHALPlugIn is somehow a PPC-only executable.

The 'file' command can print out what architectures a given
executable has been built for.  so running 'file chuck' should print:

chuck: Mach-O fat file with 2 architectures
chuck (for architecture ppc):  Mach-O executable ppc
chuck (for architecture i386): Mach-O executable i386

Similarly, 'file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/
PlugIns/AppleHDAHALPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAHALPlugIn'
should indicate that that file contains i386 code.

If chuck or AppleHDAHALPlugIn do not contain i386 executable code,
that might be a part the problem.  Please let us know either way...

hope this helps,
spencer