[chuck-users] mac intel audio i/o problem

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Oct 3 12:42:32 EDT 2006

Hi Manj,
chuck --probe labels everything as "dac#", even if it only has input
channels.  This is somewhat confusing, but it probably wouldn't be
the cause of your problem.

Are you familiar with the --dac, --adc and --in chuck command line
options?  You can use these to force which devices will be used for
audio output, audio input, and how many input channels to use.  My
(somewhat uninformed) hypothesis is that some sensible combination of
these options will allow an adc => dac; type program to work
correctly on your machine.  So, you could try the following:

chuck --adc4		#specify "dac" (i.e. device) 4 to be used as input device
chuck --adc4 --in1
chuck --adc1		#specify device 1 to be used as input device
chuck --adc1 --in1

There might be some other reasonable combinations of these options
that I've left out.  If none of this command line options juggling
works, there could be a specific problem between ChucK's realtime
audio subsystem and the audio configuration on newer Intel macs.

spencer