[chuck-users] sporking shreds, advancing time

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 14:17:45 EDT 2006

> i was wondering from a more conceptual point of view, which version
> would be better or more appropriate for chuck.
> as you say, the first example might be a little simpler than the second.
> still the second example seems clearer to me, well at least to what
> i'm used to...
> but i was a little concerned with the fact, that the shred ids kept
> increasing so rapidly (calling a new shred every click) and wondered
> wether chuck would really like that.

Ah, I see. I never looked at it that way, call me heartless but I kinda
figured that as long as there are no hickups and glitches ChucK would be
quite happy. Maybe it's a bit tyranical but when I would like something and
ChucK doesn't seem to like it I tend to mail Ge and ask Ge to make ChucK
like it better.

It's not quite a relationship between equals but maybe ChucK is still a bit
too young and immature to commit to that sort of relationship ;-)

I myself don't realy like shred numbers to go up that high either, no idea
why but I tend to avoid that it should be fine. At least here it's easy to
avoid, for more complicated examples you could considder looking into
"signaling" events and recyceling shreds that way.

thanks for your explanations, i'll be back with more questions...
> volker.

Cool. Sorry if I underestimated what you were aiming at.