[chuck-users] Geting strange key combinations

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 12:49:38 EDT 2006

On 10/19/06, Hilquias.Abreu <hilquias.abreu at yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> ok, but  can  chuck get  combinations like "enter+f1"? the return is
> ascii of "f1" or "enter". exist a workarround for this?

I don't think so, if keyb.ck doesn't give a unique return for some
combination it's not available. Neither Enter nor F1 are modifier keys (like
shift, alt, alt gr and ctrl) so it's not possible to detect wether one is
pressed while the other is held.

All you get is a signal for F1 getting pressed followed by a train of the
same at your keyboard repeat rate. What you could try is seeing wether one
signal comnes in within n milliseconds of the other which doesn't sound like
much fun to me.

Do you realy absolutely need that key combo? for example shift + the
function keys works fine and is easy to deal with.