[chuck-users] manual, was; Geting strange key combinations

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 15:01:54 EDT 2006

On 10/21/06, Adam Tindale <adamtindale at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The manual is badly outdated. I am in the process of a major
> revision. Maybe we can start a page on the wiki of things to revise
> in the manual for the next release. If anyone wants to help I would
> greatly appreciate it.

Sure. I still don't speak Latex but I'd be happy to add  stuff that pops up
on the forum or that I stumble into myself to such a page.

The forum is a good source for such material because there are a lot of
people just starting out there and they ask questions if the manual is
unclear or outdated.

I'd be happy to write a few paragraphs as well on areas I'm comfortable
with.

Oh, and could somebody please go into what the word "new" means in ChucK,
exactly? It's currently mentioned in the manual exactly once (in that
sense). It creates a new instance of a object and it's somehow syntactically
similar to "!" and that's about it as far as the manual is concerned. This
made the public static classes thing quite hard to understand for me untill
Spencer demonstrated a while ago you can get around it (and now I understand
that assignment trick).

So, great plan, I'd be happy to contribute to this wiki page but we'll still
need the list because I predict that the people who discover something is
missing from the manual are probably not the people who can write the manual
entry....

My cents,