[chuck-users] stk Ugens between 1.2.0.6 -> 7

Graham Coleman gc at gehennom.net
Fri Oct 27 01:55:37 EDT 2006

Thanks Ge!

I checked the version in CVS, which did seem to fix the problem
of certain STK Ugens being ultra-silent--

this one seems to be different with regard to notes hanging.
If you run the test code the noteOff messages do not seem to
be taking effect (at least, on my win32 with the new build),
as compared to 1.2.0.6.

best,

Graham

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Ge Wang wrote:

> Hi Graham!
>
> I think we just found the problem this morning (while tracking down
> strange Envelope behavior for some of the PLOrk pieces)!  It turns out
> that I had introduced a simple but rather significant bug into the STK
> envelope while adding the new functionalities for 1.2.0.7.  This
> resulted in strange behavior in Envelope and ADSR, as well as in a good
> number of the STK instruments which internally use Envelope.
>
> This is now fixed and in CVS.  Furthermore, Spencer has worked hard to
> post new versions of chuck and miniAudicle.  The newest version number
> is now 1.2.0.7b.  A new audicle build is also on the way.  We highly
> recommend that you update to this new version.
>
> Very sorry about this not so little bug.  Please let us know if the new
> version indeed fixes the problems.
>
> Best,
> Ge!
>
> On Oct 26, 2006, at 11:37 PM, Graham Coleman wrote:
>
>> More details:
>>
>> It seems that for the builds that I have,
>> audicle 1.0.0.4 and chuck 1.2.0.7 on win32
>>
>> the following STK ugens are not totally disconnected,
>> but start very very soft and take a while to get louder?
>>
>> Clarinet, ModalBar, BlowHole, Saxofony, VoicForm
>>
>> Haven't figured out what could be causing this yet.
>>
>> best,
>>
>> Graham
>>
>> On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Graham Coleman wrote:
>>
>>> ChucKtivists,
>>>
>>> I'm having a problem with some of the Stk Ugens in 1.2.0.7--
>>> certain Stk instruments no longer seem to play.
>>>
>>> Originally I noticed the problem in audicle 1.0.0.4 from 1.0.0.3.
>>> I prepared musical material for a local music competition using ...3
>>> to be risk averse, but ...4 doesn't seem to play the parts using these
>>> instruments. Then I tracked it back to chuck.
>>>
>>> testStk.ck should demonstrate the basic problem--
>>> if you are subject you may only hear one scale by one instrument