[chuck-users] heads up for 1.2.0.7

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 21:50:52 EDT 2006

Hi Ge,

I am 100% in agreement with these decisions. The naming scheme is
logical, and I think the capitals make things easiest to read.

The additional of filters is quite nice. I have been working with a
lot of data processing in Pure Data, and I'm extremely happy that
ChucK now has both nice oscillators, and filters out of the box. Not
really being a DSP person per se, the lack of these things in PD is
somewhat annoying. Anyway, this means I'll probably be trying some
things where PD will send the data to ChucK using OSC - this should
work quite nicely.

If I was going to request three additional "bread and butter" UGen's,
I'd ask for
1. Compressor
2. Limiter
3. TubeOverdrive (ie. analog simulation)

I'd also love to see a port of the destroyFX stuff, I think their
source code is available:
http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/

~David