[chuck-users] More on what Envelope.time does.

Jukka Akkanen jakkanen at mac.com
Wed Sep 13 20:23:34 EDT 2006

On Sep 13, 2006, at 2:48 PM, Kassen wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I had some question about Envelope so I did some looking around. I
> found this;
> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/pipermail/chuck-users/2005-October/
> 000049.html
>
> But strangely it has no replies.
>
> I can confirm the behaviour Graham found there, in fact it seems
> that when .target is quite high (like say around 500) and .time is
> set at .5 Envelope takes a huge amount of time to reach it's target.
>
> This is quite mysterious to me and not at all like what it's
> supposed to do. Could somebody kindly look into this?

Looks like .time is taken as the length of time in seconds for the
value to go from 0.0 to 1.0. Based on the ChucK manual, I, too, would
have expected this to be the desired time to go from the current
value to the target value. Care to report this as a bug,  http://
wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/ChucK/Bugs/Reports seems to be the
place for that?

-Jukka