[chuck-users] optimization

jochen.hartmann jochen.hartmann at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 16:54:58 EDT 2006

hi, i am running mini-audicle to write my chuck code on a mac ... i
love this stuff
i began writing more complex code where a lot of geometry is figured
out to generate dynamically morphing sounds and now things are getting
pretty slow. mini-audicle tends to eat up 90% of my cpu so once i have
about 10 shreds moving at once, i can't do anything but force-quit to
stop things...

now most of this probably has to do with my code not being very
optimized. so i was wondering:
a. are there ways to give more memory to the chuck vm ?
b. is it faster to run shreds from the command line (i would imagine
so...) ?
c. are there any other tips/tricks to help me optimize my code (maybe
something to figure out where the bottlenecks are...) ?

thanks!
best
- jochen

HSDOM SOUND