[chuck-users] crash question

Gregory Brown gwbrown at uga.edu
Sun Sep 17 20:25:05 EDT 2006

Ge,

Thank you so much for your insight. I think your reply has given me
some ideas of how to approach this.

Currently I'm sporking shreds that read and output three sound
buffers every 60 seconds or so. The .wav files are not huge, but if
they are not all being discarded properly, they could easily be the
source of the problem. So... since there are only 12 .wav files being
read into buffers, perhaps (as I think you are suggesting) I can
simply load them into a global variable (or a class variable within
my object?) and then access them directly from within the subsequent
shreds. (I'm not sure I got the terminology quite right...) Instead
of 3 sndbufs/minute for 6.5 hours, only 12 total. Seems a little more
efficient in any case.

I'll let you know if I am still having problems after I get a chance
to re-write and re-execute.

Many thanks,

Greg

  Gregory Brown