[chuck-users] Hid joypads in 1.0.2.7

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 16:02:20 EDT 2006

On 9/23/06, Spencer Salazar <ssalazar at cs.princeton.edu> wrote:

> Hey Kassen,
> Argh!  Sorry about that, didn't mean to mess up your sequencer
> system!

Oh, I didn't think you did, I was trying to get across that this is a bit of
a big deal to me, not place "blame" or whatever. Deeply sorry if I got
across that way.

Actually I blamed myself at first because I had opened one up out of
curiocity but when the second one did the same it was clear. Then I wondered
wether directional pads might now be seen as "oldfashioned" or something.

  Yes, support for hat/POV switches/some directional pads did
> disappear for this release.  HID support underwent a major rehaul
> since the last release, for a variety of wholesome reasons, but, for
> lack of any better explanation, some things got overlooked in all of
> that.

That happens. Overall the changes look very good and should result in way
more readable code. In the old version joypads were already loads of fun but
you had to keep track of what number did what, I like the way the examples
look now way better.

  This will definitely be in the next release, and in fact I
> can probably get you a preview to use with working hat switches until
> then.

Oh, yes, please!

I Have other areas I can work on, I'm not "stuck" now but if you could do
that in a spare moment I'd be very gratefull.

Thanks!