[chuck-users] Strange Behavior

Piero B. Contezini chuck at piero.contezini.net
Thu Apr 12 21:46:05 EDT 2007

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place to put this on but, this code is
crashing randomly on my tests:

MAUI_View window;
MAUI_Slider knob_0;

window.size(300,300);
window.name("Test");
window.position(0,100);

knob_0.range(0,127);
knob_0.size(150,knob_0.height());
//cut_knob_0.position(0,0);
knob_0.name("Knob 0");
knob_0.displayFormat(MAUI_Slider.integerFormat);
// impulse to filter to dac

Impulse i => BiQuad f => Pan2 p => dac;
// set the filter's pole radius
.99 => f.prad;
// set equal gain zeros
1 => f.eqzs;
// set filter gain
.5 => f.gain;

window.addElement(knob_0);

window.display();

1 => int device;

MidiIn min;
MidiMsg msg;

if( !min.open( device ) ) {
        <<< "erro ao iniciar device:" , device >>> ;
} else {
        <<< "device inicializado:" , min.num() , " -> " , min.name() >>>;
}

public void controlKnob_0() {
    while(true) {
        while ( min.recv(msg) ) {
                msg.data1 => int msg_1;
                msg.data2 => int msg_2;
                msg.data3 => int msg_3;

                if(msg_2 == 3) {
                        knob_0.value(msg_3);
        min => now;

public void Distortion() {
    while(knob_0.value()) {
            knob_0.value() => float value;
        value * 39 => f.pfreq;
//            value => i.next;
    }
    min => now;
}

spork ~ controlKnob_0();
spork ~ Distortion();

while ( true ) {
    1.0 => i.next;
//    Std.rand2f( 250, 5000 ) => f.pfreq;
    Std.rand2f( -1, 1 ) => p.pan;
    100::ms => now;
}

What i'm doing is mapping one knob of my bcd2000 to a MAUI Slider, to see on
the screen the position of the knob, as i've posted here before, the midi
itself is hanging up using this controller, but I think it might be
something i'm doing wrong, anyone can point me out a clue on what could be
it?

Thanks

Piero