[chuck-users] chuck segfaults at startup on core2duo on linux jack

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Apr 18 14:48:15 EDT 2007

Hey Ken,
Yikes, sorry to hear that.  Could you provide a stack trace of this?
That would be most helpful in figuring out the problem.  Im not sure
if you're handy with gdb, but the easiest way to do it is like this:

$ gdb chuck
(gdb) run -v5 cw.ck
... (crash happens) ...
(gdb) backtrace
... (stack trace printed here) ...

Copying all of the output of that gdb session (including the chuck
log output) will be very helpful as that typically specifies exactly
where the crash is occurring.

It would also be helpful if you could provide the text of cw.ck, if
you don't mind.  It can be assumed that cw.ck doesn't crash ChucK on
other machines, correct?

spencer