[chuck-users] Hardware information?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:40:09 EDT 2007

> If you want to go
> hardcore, you might want to look at external USB/Firewire-soundcards.

Yes, I hear very good things about the developments in Linux compatibility
of Firewire based cards. This page might be worth some atention;
http://freebob.sourceforge.net/index.php/Main_Page

You might also be interested in this page on Alsa compatibility;
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/

In general I think that provided finances and space in laptop-bags can
accomodate one nobody will regret going from a buil-in card to a pro or
"prosumer" card. Latency aside there is a lot of difference in sound
quality.