[chuck-users] can there be many ::ms in while?

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:44:41 EDT 2007

Okay, I'm having a bit of an "ah-ha!" moment here.  It makes sense to
me when described like this.  If I understand this process correctly,
data-sharing aside, this is functionally equivalent to using the
"chuck --loop" invocation to start the VM and sporking shreds with
"chuck + this.ck" and "chuck + that.ck."  Or is that more like
Machine.add()?

According the manual, sporking a shred will return a reference to the
shred, while using Machine.add() will return the ID.  Can one pass
messages between shreds in the VM like in Erlang processes using this
information?  Using a shared variables to store state information
might get kind of hairy in big programs.

Mike

http://shadowofaculture.blogspot.com