[chuck-users] thangs on linux ppc

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Thu Aug 9 12:36:12 EDT 2007

Hi,

Just catching up with old email.
Did you get it to work?

When I tried chuck a couple of times in the past, I remember that it
would not work if I did not specify the sample rate when starting it
(but hen again, I always run it with jack).

the best way to check whether alsa found a device and loaded the driver is this:
cat /proc/asound/cards

where you should see at least one entry.  There are other files that
can be queried in the /proc/asound directory.

You should start with that and see where it takes you.  Also, check
/proc/asound/version and read alsa release notes on that version.
Perhaps your hardware is only partially supported.

This is probably irrelevant, but long time ago I had this cheap card
where the clock was running at 44099Hz or something, and many audio
applications were complaining about it...

also, alsa does OSS emulation by default.

HTH

./MiS