[chuck-users] thangs on linux ppc

2g electriclightheads at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:45:49 EDT 2007

oh thanx for keeping me never give up
where am standing now is that

on DebainPPCStable
jackd -R -dalsa -r48000 -S
works!!
but this doesn't do it on Ubuntu and DebianUnstable and Slackintosh

on Ubuntu
jackd -R -doss -r44100
on Unstable
jackd -R -doss -r48000
could launch jack and i think i remember chuck could make sound
but on Slackintosh
-doss launch jack but makes no sound

wonder why Stable only does the -dalsa way..
well ... okay will check what you told me
after posting this

when trying to setup a CUI-DJ environment on old notebooks
had an experience that the cheap cards didn't support 44100 nor 48000 but
was based on weired freq
and they couldn't even do "play"(of sox) @ oss
but setting up the a-rate & k-rate properly in csound.orc file
a very secial donewithcsound.wav could make the card make sound
mmm...maybe iBookG4 is still something like that?
even if other OS like OSX could make the card behave as if it was supporting
well known freq
it maybe emulating
then hey?! ... am a fool saying
"am a strict micro-tuning oriented person!
 calculating overtones to bring out a real clean harmony to this world!"
but the soundcard is just pretending to do it right?
aaaaaaarrrrh!!

2g
http://micro.ispretty.com