[chuck-users] A example that needs correction

Martin Ahnelöv operagasten at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 08:19:14 EDT 2007

sön 2007-08-19 klockan 01:50 -0400 skrev Ge Wang:
> > Anyways, this is the result of my tries:
> > http://hauntedhouse.wordpress.com/2007/08/18/ambientic-monotonic-
> > pieceus/
>
> Sounds totally sweet!
>
> If you'd like, you should share this on the wiki!
>
>      http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/ChucK/Sounds
>      http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/ChucK/Programs
>
> Thanks for the post!
>
> Best,
> Ge!

Nice that you liked it!

By the way, when I crank up the volume on my consumer-grade system, the
high and laud tones get all garbled up. I tried to solve this by adding
a shred the would pan each note, but it didn't really cut it.

After probing my system with chuck --probe, I found out that my sound
card only supported 16 bit-audio. Is that why it sounds like someone
have applied great amount of compression on the audio? Can someone test
if this is true on other systems aswell?

(Ah, yeah, I've added a lowpass filter to the patch, but that shouldn't
do that, right?)

Gasten