[chuck-users] priorities for next release

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 10:18:51 EDT 2007

I believe that extending and improving the language will surely help
here though:

Specifically, when users can create their own UGens, I imagine you'll
see quite a few new instruments being developed. Of course, it would
be good to make sure the UGen API is standardized, so that UGen
developers can create their instruments in a manner consistent with
what already exists in ChucK, and currently existing anomalies could
be eradicated as a part of that process.

Oh and there are a lot of programmers who aren't academics. Extending
the language itself should be of interest to everyone who programs
with ChucK (and remember: even if you don't need a feature now, you
might need it in the future, as your understanding of the language
grows!)

~David