[chuck-users] heads up; follow up; up chuck

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 21:15:55 EDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Ge Wang <gewang at cs.princeton.edu> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> As announced on the [chuck] list, we've just released a new major
> version (1.2.1.0) of chuck that introduces audio analysis in ChucK.
> For more details see:

Yay! Congratualtions and many thanks to all who contributed to this!
This looks excelent.

> The paper:
>
>     http://soundlab.cs.princeton.edu/publications/uana_icmc2007.pdf

Yes, I saw that yesterday... That's some bindblowing stuff. I love the new
upChucK (UpChucK?) operator and the reasoning behind the symbol that it's
perpendicular to normal ChucKing but it will take some time to properly wrap
my head around all the things that we can do now.

This stuff has some great potential for collaborations with non-ChucKists,
particularly accoustical musicians. I can't wait to try this.

Just want to thank everyone for the recent discussion and also re-
> prioritizing of features.  We are by no means done, and many new
> features outlined are underway.  So please continue!  We are hoping
> for several new releases in the coming weeks/months.  Thanks again!

Yes.... looking at the current list of wishes now I'd say there is very
little chance of you getting bored in the near future! :-).

Also.... erm.... I don't want to be seen as asking too much but would there
be any chance that Phillippe would make a new version of his ASIO version?
It would hurt having to choose between low-latency multi-channel and all of
this excelent new stuff from time per-project. My eternal gratefullness
would last even longer.