[chuck-users] rec2.ck

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 07:15:54 EDT 2007

On 8/27/07, Martin Ahnelöv <operagasten at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't really recognise that file... Have you looked at the rec.ck and
> rec-auto.ck in examples/basic in (at least) the source tarball?

I recognise it. It's a way to create stereo recordings.... Actually it
creates two mono files that can then be merged in a wave editor ("Audacity"
is free and open and should run wherever ChucK runs).

This is workable for making a quick recording once or twice but if you have
a system that needs to render to wav in non-real time and have to verify
every change/update/bugfix by pasting two mono files it get very
inconvenient very quickly (that and waiting every time makes me smoke too
much :-) ).

I think WvOut could use a ".channels()" method as well as chucking signals
to ".chan(n)" like for the dac.

Seems like a wish that's shared amongst a lot of people and for which the
desire will only grow as we get more stereo stuff. Sounds like one for the
"fairly urgent and generally desired" list to me?