[chuck-users] priorities for next release

Adam Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 17:29:41 EDT 2007

>Yes, we would all like this, I think. At least we have a WiKi page where
>everybody can post additions, remarks and requests which should at least
>decrease the strain on maintaining the manual. I believe Adam Tindale was
>the last to be semi-officially in charge of the manual but other things
>took his time. I'd volunteer but I'd need a proofreader as I'm not a native
>English speaker and I still don't speak any Latex at all (the manual is
>done in Latex)
>
>At least most things can be found by searching the list archives and the
>manual isn't *that* out of date. Aside from the latest greatest stuff this
>matter might be one of the worst missing bits.

Hi All,

I have been silent for a long while. I am always happy to proofread and
hack stuff into the manual and make the commits (as long as Ge doesn't
kick me off CVS). Like Ge, I just got a teaching gig and I am a bit
swamped being new at all this.

I have pleaded in the past for other people to submit tutorials or find
mistakes in the manual and pass them on to me and the whole ChucK team.
It now seems that there are so many experts that this dream is coming
true. Most of what I did for the manual was to edit the original APIs
into some semi readable form. A lot of that work was done by Ge and Phil
and I just merely put it into LaTeX.

There have been many people talking on the list about knowing how
something works and not seeing it in the manual. If you do know and it
isn't there, just write something up and tell me where you would like it
be. The hardest part for me is starting something. If you get it started
then the rest isn't so bad.

I haven't worked on the manual in a long time and I am seeing that it is
badly out of date. I will do my best to devote some time to it in the
coming months (I am hoping to teach ChucK, so a good manual helps me too).

If you have something you would like added to the official docs please
send it along to me directly or via the list and I will be happy to add it.

--art