[chuck-users] priorities for next release

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 11:18:45 EDT 2007

> Another, much lager, matter is that it seems that some people expect that
> it's a good idea to start ChucKing by reading the manual front to cover. Now

Here's a pie-in-the-sky idea... (mm... pie....)

Probably the single thing I actually _like_ about MS VC++ is the
context-sensitive help (hit F1 on a function name to get a definition)
and the auto-completion.

I know not everyone likes it, but for a language intended for live
use, being able to get all possible matching function names and then
quickly jump to a short description I think would be very useful.  At
the moment I usually leave the Chuck website up in another desktop
workspace while I'm chucking, and flip to it and do a manual search,
but I think context-sensitive help would be way, way faster.  (Speed
in accessing useful information is key here..)

Something like that in miniAudicle would be fantastic.  (Then again, I
usually use Emacs, but if I had a reason to switch I might consider
it...)

Steve