[chuck-users] microphone in ubuntu gutsy

AlgoMantra algomantra at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 07:05:36 EST 2007

Dear All,

Attached is the screenshot of my $alsamixer status in Ubuntu Gutsy.
audio outputs are all working fine, but I can't seem to get my external
microphone working with anything - Chuck programming language,
Audacity, etc.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm on a Compaq Presarion C500. And here is
a portion of my $lspci which might be relevant here:

*00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port
1 (rev 01)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port
3 (rev 01)*

thanks in advance,
-- fadereu
http://www.algomantra.com