[chuck-users] chuck, PD and OSC

Stefan Blixt stefan.blixt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 09:53:21 EST 2007

Hi.

I know you found a good solution, but I am curious. Are you running your
puredata and ChucK programs on the same computer? UDP (upon which OSC is
based) is lacking in the secure-transfer department, but if you aren't
sending enourmous amounts of data on different hosts (or use an old
computer), you shouldn't lose messages like this.

Cheers, Stefan

On Dec 6, 2007 2:57 PM, eduard <eaylon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just in case anyone is interested....
> I fixed the problem by packing x and y and sending them together via
> osc. If someone uses more points, as its my case, all values need be
> packed, in order to receive all info at the same rate.
>
> eduard
>
> On Dec 5, 2007, at 8:16 PM, eduard aylon wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am building an interface in Puredata to control via OSC a chuck
> > program, but I am having some trouble when sending the position
> > (x,y pairs) of a small "canvas" which I use as a point in space.
> > The problem is that somehow most of the time I just get the x-
> > coordinate and only sometimes the y-coordinate. And really don't
> > know why. I must say that I'm not very used to work with puredata,
> > so if there are any PD+chuck experts in this list that may have
> > some time to have a look at the patches (attached below) and give
> > some advice, I'd much apreciate it.
> >
> > thanks in advance,
> >
> > eduard
> >
> > <pd_receive.ck>   <pd_send.pd>

Release me, insect, or I will destroy the cosmos!