[chuck-users] chuck, PD and OSC

garton at columbia.edu garton at columbia.edu
Thu Dec 6 12:10:03 EST 2007

Quoting Stephen Sinclair <radarsat1 at gmail.com>:

> Some day I'd like to see a standardized shared-memory approach to
> passing OSC messages, which would be insanely fast on a local machine.
>  (Though, I believe that local loopback sockets are often implemented
> using shared memory, and are thus pretty much just as fast.  Not sure
> if this is the case in Linux, I've been meaning to look it up for a
> while)

My preference is to dump OSC entirely, and use some kind of
loadable/imbeddable scheme.  It would be just fun fun fun to put the
entirety of ChucK into a loadable lib of some kind, and then find the
entry-points you want from your calling environment and go go go.

This is how [chuck~] works, by the way,

brad
http://music.columbia.edu/~brad