[chuck-users] .op(0)?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 17:32:57 EST 2007

Fellow ChucKists,

Dr. Spankenstein (Rhys) and me just went over some topics on the forum and a
question came up about .op(0) in relation to saving CPU time.

.op(0), according to the docs stops processing in the Ugen and makes it
return only 0's but does that mean it also stops it from pulling Ugens
before it in the chain like unchucking does? Clearly it's different from
unchucking as .op(0) should allow Ugens after it to keep running (for
example to avoid clicks caused by resonant filters dropping out) but I'm not
sure how it relates to Ugens after it and can't find any documentation on
this.

This could become relevant if low on CPU while wanting to preserve
click-free sound quality.