[chuck-users] is chuck case sensitive?

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Feb 9 21:42:00 EST 2007

jochen,
ChucK is case-sensitive, however recently many of the ugens were
changed from e.g. sinosc to SinOsc to fit in with the existing ugens
that already had that capitalization type.  The old all-lower case
ugens were kept so that older code would still run, but they are
deprecated.

In any case it sounds like you have an older chuck version, from
before the ugen capitalization was changed.  It would be a good idea
to download and install the newest version, available from http://
chuck.cs.princeton.edu/.  You can find out the version you are
currently running with chuck --version.  The most recent version is
1.2.0.7b.

If you've already downloaded the newest version, it could be that
there is still an older version of chuck in your PATH somewhere.

spencer