[chuck-users] shell script to change old patches to new chuck UGens

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Feb 22 04:21:46 EST 2007

Good point--in a similar vein, another issue with a linear string find
+replace would be the ambiguity between the gain ugen and the .gain
parameter every ugen has--youd want gain to be converted to Gain, but
1 => mySine.gain; should stay the way it is.  So maybe an extra rule
in the conversion script to ignore the next word after a dot (with
whitespace potentially separating them) would get around that problem.

Surprisingly enough, SinOsc SinOsc => dac; is actually valid ChucK in
its present incarnation--the compiler allows variables that have the
same name as types.  So in that particular instance you would be okay.

spencer