[chuck-users] New to ChucK => couple of questions (-s) (Midi Relelated);

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Wed Jul 4 09:24:27 EDT 2007

Steve Salmon wrote:
> When I try and run a ChucK file whilst abelton is open i get a "could not open channel/ cannot initialise audio device" type error..

What you'll want to do is to either (a) install a "virtual audio cable"
(virtual sound device that just serves for routing audio between
different software) or (b) run ChucK in --silent mode if you're not
using the output at all.  I use ChucK in tandem with Live and use
SoundFlower (from Cycling '74) on Mac.  There are several similar pieces
of software for Windows and Linux.

-Scott