[chuck-users] thangs on linux ppc

2g electriclightheads at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 12:22:37 EDT 2007

play .wav of sox is doing wrong on
DebianPPC-Unstable and Slackintosh
but
aplay .wav does fine on all of the distro on my iBookG4
so i think ALSA is doing okay
even though setup via alsaconf fails
and had to put things in /etc/modprobe.d or /etc/modules

i don't remember anything claimed at make linux-alsa
just becuz things didin"t get terminated

everybody on this machine  suffering from this?

am not skilled enough to understand things said over here:
http://tintuc.no-ip.com/linux/tipps/slackintoshibookg4/
but will look through it once again

mmm
terminal at osx is okay
but would look cooler if i could run chuck
in a VT of Slackintosh which has a weird looking sc.fnt.gz setup for it

On 7/26/07, Martin Ahnelöv <operagasten at gmail.com> wrote:
> tor 2007-07-26 klockan 10:13 +0900 skrev 2g:
> > slackintosh12.0:
> > [chuck]: (via rtaudio): no devices found for given stream parameters:
> > ... RtApiAlsa: error setting sample rate (48000) on device
> > (hw:Snapper,0): Invalid argument.
> > [chuck]: cannot initialize audio device (try using --silent/-s)
> >
> > debian-ppc-stable:
> > [chuck]: (via rtaudio): no devices found for compiled audio APIs!
> > [chuck]: cannot initialize audio device (try using --silent/-s)
> >
> > debian-ppc-unstable:
> > JACK tmpdir identified as [/dev/shm]
> > [chuck]: (via rtaudio): no devices found for compiled audio APIs!
> > [chuck]: cannot initialize audio device (try using --silent/-s)
> >
> > ubuntu-ppc-7.04:
> > [chuck]: (via rtaudio): no devices found for compiled audio APIs!
> > [chuck]: cannot initialize audio device (try using --silent/-s)
>
> Well, if you compiled it with alsa, jakc shouldn't have anything to do
> with it. Are you sure alsa is running? (if you dont know any better way,
> you can check with 'alsaplayer') Did configure/make return any errors?
>
> You do try to run it on the same computer/setup as the one you compiled
> it on, right?
>
> Martin

2g
http://micro.ispretty.com