[chuck-users] thangs on linux ppc

2g electriclightheads at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 21:47:11 EDT 2007

looked through what i have in my /etc/modprobe.d/alsa
and it was:

alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-powermac
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
options snd cards_limit=1

oh my god!
does this mean am using oss
and just making the system behave in a fake alsa way?
if i am to stck on using chuck on this "snapper" oriented machine
i should quit alsa and make linux-oss?

without changing this fake-alsa-tuned system
made the oss version of chuck
chuck --loop &
chuck + moe.ck
makes no complaints