[chuck-users] report on my first livecoding gig

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 07:59:05 EDT 2007

> That is quite a lovely timbre.

Thanks Joe and Cesare!

I was very happy to discover that trick, not sure why exactly it sounds like
it does. To me this one has some qualities that I asociate normally with
slapping some analogue guitar effects on a synth sound.

There are some pritty interesting interactions between that reverb and the
Blit, for one thing if you don't cut back the gain of both there is terrible
distortion, I would've imagined that just cutting back on the volume of the
Blit would also prevent the JCRev from distorting. Maybe it hits some modes
of the delays or something.

Random bonus trickery that might help someone;
It turns out that the dac is just a single object shared by all shreds. This
means that if you should encounter clipping in a live context you can run a
file that just goes something like;

.8 => dac.gain;

and all instances of the dac will be scaled. Maybe that was already obvious
to everyone but me but I just discovered it a few days ago and I'm finding
it very usefull when improvising.