[chuck-users] win32 woes

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 12:58:14 EDT 2007

at Robin Davies;

Thanks for the very interesting extra info, I'll chime in some more
about this last bit;

> The simple solution, most probably, is to use ASIO drivers.  Although
> chances are not good that a VIA chipset has ASIO drivers.

Fortunately there exists something called ASIO4ALL which does exactly
what the name implies and which I heard nothing but good things about
from people who had no "pro" level cards but still needed ASIO type
performance. Considdering what that driver is meant to accomplish the
chances of it working should actually increase the more mundane the
hardware in case is.

http://www.asio4all.com/ (didn't try this personally)

I would expect ASIO4ALL to help people like James accompish
surround-ChucKing or analogue/hardware mixing as soon as we would get
ASIO into ChucK. I gather this would/should be easy to accomplish but
is being held-back by a lack of Princeton ASIO workstations.

Kas. (who likes analogue desks)