[chuck-users] two gui wishes for miniAudicle

Lukas Degener degenerl at cs.uni-bonn.de
Sat Jun 9 05:10:45 EDT 2007

Hi All,
About those keyboard short cuts:
Let me suggest something different. Just make the user interface
configurable. The keyboard short cuts in particular.

Just think about i18n issues. For instance ctrl+/ is not that easy to do
on a german keyboard: There, the '/' is above the '7' (unless you use
the number block 'divide' key). I was sitting in front of a French
keyboard lately, and here again nothing was "where it's supposed to be".

With so many different keyboard layouts around, I think it  does make
little sense to have hard wired keyboard short cuts.

Or just think about different user types. Many people are quite
"religious" about their particular style of working.
Just watch one of those emacs vs vi vs <rest of the world> threads... :-)

Cheers,
--lu