[chuck-users] SndBuf causes hickup

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 08:03:21 EDT 2007

Atte André Jensen wrote:

> I tried more values of chunks and have some improvement at 16 => chunks.
> Will report back after more testing.

I didn't try the preloading suggestion yet, but I suspect it will work,
although it's a little clumsy. However I still didn't manage to get
consistently satisfactory results with chunks.

But now I'm wondering how SndBuf is performing for other people esp on
osx or windows? Is it only on linux something is wrong? Actually my
logic tells me chunks is not doing anything. Setting it low (like 4)
should read 4 frames (whatever that is) every time it's needed, that is
4 frames have been played back. So it's very surprising to me that the
hickup is when at the read() and not distributed throughout the first
playback of the file...

I'll see if I can find the time to dig into the source tonight...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen