[chuck-users] MIDI channel / Interfaces / Machine.Remove /

mieslings at i12.com mieslings at i12.com
Sun Jun 17 10:12:07 EDT 2007

Thanks, Kassen, for your reply.

>...This is asuming you meant "device" above, not "channel", the  MIDI
>chanel would be in the message.

Yes, sorry, my mistake - I meant device.

>Hope that helps at least a little, not sure what you are after here, exactly.
It does and I probably wasn't clear. I'm curious to know if, when a shred
terminates, there is a way for the application to be made aware of it.
For example, there could be a onShredExit(Shred@ shred) callback function
automatically called by ChucK just before the shred terminates whose content
would be left at the discretion of the user so that for instance s/he could
write some code to notify  all the objects dependant on this shred. But I
guess there would be potential scope issues...

What about functors or some sort of pointers to functions and member
functions? Now, that would be really great!

  Mies