[chuck-users] Rhodey.noteOff

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 19:30:38 EDT 2007

Hi, list!

It seems that Rhodey needs some attention. When I make it sound, using 1 =>
rhodey.noteOn; then let it sound it's fine (and decays on it's own like it
should) but when it gets a 1 => rhodey.noteOff; before it has decayed it
will instead drone on forever at it's current timbre and volume.

0 => rhodey.noteOn; does work, if a little abruptly.

This is unlike the behaviour of the other STK fm-based instruments so I
think it's a bug. It sounds to me like the issue is in envelope behavour as
Rhodey normally keeps evolving it's sound over the cource of a note but once
it gets stuck it stops evolving, aside from what I think is the LFO.

I just checked Wurley for completenes's sake and Wurley has the same issue.
BeeThree, for example, is fine, as is HevyMetl.