[chuck-users] Audio Range and Zero-crossings

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sun Mar 4 10:01:31 EST 2007

On Mar 4, 2007, at 8:55 AM, Veli-Pekka Tätilä wrote:

> Ah I see, only chains leading to DAC are processed to save CPU cycles.
> Somewhat counter-intuitive initially, in this case. I wish one
> could have
> the ability to print out warnings about diagnostics related to
> disabledd
> modules. Most GUi-enabled modular environments show it in some way.
>
> Seems my query is still valid, though. I added:
> adc => dac;
> At the top of the script and now I get an echo effect because
> there's plenty
> of latency between the input and output. It still doesn't get past
> the until
> loop, probably some other common newbie goof.

I believe this a current bug with adc (definitely not a newbie
goof).  My solution is something like this, although there may be
better ways:

adc => Gain g => blackhole;

until( g.last() < 0 )
     blockSize => now;