[chuck-users] ~

garton at columbia.edu garton at columbia.edu
Wed Mar 7 16:33:13 EST 2007

Quoting Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com>:

> That sounds like something in the direction of SC3's
> client-server model
> with open communications between both. I imagine that if ChucK
> and MAX would
> also start doing things like that we would end up with a
> abstraction layer
> not unlike Xserver on *nix where you can pick your own interface
> and still
> deal with the same things, do I understand that correctly?

Not sure about that -- been awhile since I've done much X stuff.

It's more from a developer standpoint.  I really like the idea of
being able to do something like this, for example:

main()
{
   ChucK *chucker = new Chuck();

   chucker->doStuff();

   chucker->changeThings();

   chucker->takeOverZeeVorld();

}

and just compile-in the chuck lib.  Within whatever app your are
developing.  No messing with net setup, etc.

brad
http://music.columbia.edu/~brad