[chuck-users] chuck~ for PD

garton at columbia.edu garton at columbia.edu
Tue Mar 13 09:26:19 EDT 2007

Quoting Steffen <stffn at dibidut.dk>:

> How does one use the input vars in a chuck script? The pd_io.ck
> file
> didn't help me much. Maybe i'm thick. But i just wanted to
> control
> the frequency of a sine oscillator, but no luck with:
>
> Pd io;
> SinOsc s => dac;
> io.get("abc") => s.freq;
> 2::second => now;

This is the same plea I was having for max/msp [chuck~]-- I would
really like it if there was some way of writing a polling or
notifying ugen that would allow dynamic 'external' entry for a
parsed and executing chuck~ script.  I don't think that the OSC or
other net models currently in chuck will work, because they assume
that the script is in process of being evaluated.  The chuck~
objects parse the script and then call the chuck VM to run it -- at
that point it seems that the initial values in the script are fixed,
but maybe I'm missing something?

brad
http://music.columbia.edu/~brad