[chuck-users] chuck~ for PD

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Tue Mar 13 14:02:56 EDT 2007

Stephen Sinclair wrote:
>> Ok, this seems to work better, but I got to use the full path of the
>> chuck file.
>>

> I think it worked for me with just the filename because I was loading
> files that were in the same folder from which I launched Pd.  (I often
> run things from the terminal.)
>
> I guess it would be nice if instead, like with Pd abstractions, it
> would load paths relative to the location of the Pd patch file.

Exactly. In fact this was the behavior I expected.

Another odd thing I forgot to mention is that when I tried to launch pd
from the terminal, and I was into the chuck~ build directory (since I
had just copied the built files to my /pd/extra directory), pd
segfaulted as soon as I opened a patch with the chuck~ object inside.

I'll try to replicate this to post the output error messages. IIRC they
were about unknown symbols in chuck~.so.

c.

http://www.cesaremarilungo.com