[chuck-users] Lisa, voice-gain convolution, etc.

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon May 14 19:58:28 EDT 2007

Hi Dan, Hi list!

I was thinking about a little ChucK convolution patch, kind of as a
excersise, kind of as a joke. Basically I was thinking about taking a array
of SndBuf's (as many as there are samples in the impulse responce and all
holding the same impulse responce) and firering them off in turn each samp
with a gain determined the .last() of the input sound. Simple, fun and
probably a bad idea on any practical level since excelent free convolution
reverbs are around already.

Then I thought of LiSa... LiSa is already a lot like a array of identical
buf's so this might even make a bit of sense. Sadly it turns out that LiSa
lacks something like this;

mylisa.voicegain( voice, float)

The more I think about that, the more it makes sense as a practical
addition, not just for convolution. For example this might be mapped to
velocity for some cheap & cheerfull soft-sampler and per-grain variable
volume is usefull in grain-clouds as well.

Could this perhaps be considdered for a future update?

Cheers,