[chuck-users] Lisa, voice-gain convolution, etc.

dan trueman dtrueman at Princeton.EDU
Mon May 14 21:18:27 EDT 2007

> Approximate? I thought that my outlined method came down to actual
> convolution but it's entirely possible that I grossly misunderstand
> what's involved; this happens to me a lot but often it's possible
> to mask this by claiming my misunderstanding was actually a
> completely new idea :¬).

i re-read and see that you actually plan to throw off a voice *every
sample* (more wonderful chuck-inspired insanity!) so i withdraw the
"approximate." how fast is your machine? ;--}

> Actually I've been thinking about ChucKian convolution on and off
> since I started ChucKing since as I see convolution it deals with
> spectral characteristics following from timed information so in a
> way it fits. It's just that convolution is notoriously CPU heavy
> and ChucK is not so famous brute efficiency (at least not with the
> CPU's time, it is with mine) so I never got round to actually
> coding it up.

i believe there is a bunch of spectral stuff in the works, which i am
hankering to get a hold of meself.

> More generally I think LiSa might be good for many, many unexpected
> things because it's quite general and open to interpertation so
> that's good.

i'm glad to hear it!

dan