[chuck-users] R: ResonZ default freq

Gatti Lorenzo lorenzo.gatti at dsdata.com
Tue May 22 08:55:04 EDT 2007

Resonant filters can be very loud, silence is a safe default.
Moreover, defaulting to any common (or uncommon) note could hide a missing initialization, possibly much later ("Hey, my complicated filter should be tuneable and it isn't! It's a bug! Help me!").
Third, a filter is expected to be set to an user-specified frequency and no default is reliably appropriate; so why bother second-guessing what the filter inputs would be?

Regards,
Lorenzo Gatti