[chuck-users] mini Audicle crashes when removing shreds

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu May 24 17:06:41 EDT 2007

Update on this issue:

I blieve I may have found the cause.

My laptop has a "normal" (US-English + ms keys) keyboard while I prefer to
use a IBM Model M (that big clicky one) with a Dutch layout. Those are quite
heavy and large so; I have the little "switch keyboard layout" utility that
comes with XP for when I don't feel like hauling that brick.

Now, it turns out that somebody thought it would be a good idea to have
"left alt + shift" bound to "switch keyboard layout" in that utility. To
make matters worse; on a US keyboard you need to use shift to reach the "+"
while on the Dutch layout you need the shift to reach the "=". Hence; whould
you also need to use the alt, for example to use the Mini's hotkeys you'll
end up hitting lerft shift and alt together.... Why not use the right alt
then, one might wonder, well, on a Dutch layout the two "alts"are different
and work in different ways (givving access to a lot of character nobody uses
much.

Basically I believe this might have caused the inconsistent behaviour.

Sorry if that caused extra confusion, in retrospect it seems quite funny...

Kas.