[chuck-users] "playing" chuck

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:59:32 EDT 2007

hello all,

while I'm not new to music or linux, I am brand-spanking new to chuck
and, probably more importantly, the whole livecoding idea.  that being
said, here are my questions:

I'm looking for what I'm calling a "text synth", that is a synthesizer
that runs completely independent of any gui and can be played from my
midi keyboard.  I really like what chuck can do, but I can't figure
out if it is capable of being played from a keyboard (midi).

basically I'm looking for something to use as a "whole machine" - I
can kick off a predetermined beat, kick off a bassline, load up a
synth patch, play it, etc.  I can see from the doc that chuck can do
the first two pretty easily, but what about the third?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com