[chuck-users] changing a value with a function

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 11:12:56 EDT 2007

On 11/3/07, Martin Ahnelöv <operagasten at gmail.com> wrote:

If FilterBasic doesn't work, try the more inflexible BPF, instead (But
> if it doesn't work, it's a bug).

Wait.... I just woke up which has been shown to be a bad time to post to the
list, but isn't FilterBasic a sort of utility class that the other filters
and (some?) delays inherit from but which shouldn't be instantiated on it's
own?

At any rate, I'm fairly sure FilterBasic is one of the filters that doesn't
come with a ready-made .freq() and instead needs coefficients to be set, If
that's what you want that would indeed be a very good use of functions but
get "Filter" (or one like PoleZero, BiQuad.....) instead. You may also want
to get a serious text on DSP, read that until your head hurts, get your
local friendly mathematician and get him coffee, listen to him until your
head hurts....

....then most likely decide you are very happy there are people like Ge and
Perry who can sort such matters for you ;¬).

In the meantime I looked it up; FilterBasic isn't in the Ugen list but
"Filter" is and "Filter" is as versatile and open-ended as they come so
there is no actual need to instantiate "FilterBasic" at all.

Hope that helps,