[chuck-users] zipper noise

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 11:24:01 EDT 2007

On 11/3/07, Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kassen wrote:
>
> > SndBuf b => dac;
> > Envelope e => b.rate ;
>
> That would be very nice indeed...

I would be bouncing up&down with happiness if we got this but there *must*
be some catch. For one thing the whole "pull model" for samples would have
to be re-written and we need some sort of protection against double
connections to single parameters.

"b.rate" above is probably just a single number but "my_filter.freq()" is a
call to a more advanced function and running those, as we debated earlier in
the topic, every sample will put a drain on the cpu and there I wonder how
much cheaper a C++ implementation will be then a ChucK one.

What we could also consider is enable the chucking of signals only to those
member functions that cover for simple single values (with a cast to int
where needed).
.